A versatile and adventurous student looking to fuse an educational background in radio and television production & social media with a fiery passion for leadership & people.
Bachelor of Arts – Drake University
Class of 2018
School of Journalism & Mass Communication
- Radio & TV Production Major, Spanish Minor, with a Concentration in Leadership Development
Downtown Disciples: An Unapologetically Progressive Faith Community – Des Moines, IA
Social Media and Leadership Assistant [October 2017-Present]
- Facilitating social media interactions on Facebook and Twitter.
- Designing weekly newsletter for the Downtown Disciples Community.
- Overseeing volunteers for monthly community service commitments.
- Assessing minor misc. administrative tasks such as the number of people who attend worship.
Drake University Office of Admission – Des Moines, Iowa
Student Ambassador [August 2016-Present]
- Give tours to perspective students.
- Answer calls and register people for campus visit days.
- Participate in campus visit days through panels, tours, and assisting in registration.
Urban-Plains.com – Des Moines, IA
Senior Audio Producer [August 2017-December 2017]
- Oversaw the audio sector of the Multimedia Team.
- Produced and edited Midwest Mysteries Podcast.
- Ensured that all audio from the Urban Plains Staff was properly edited and on brand
NorthShore University HealthSystem – Evanston, IL
Communications Intern [June 2017-August 2017]
- Executed a research project to collect data on the reasons why people donate to non-profits.
- Spearheaded multiple projects to enhance the effectiveness of the company’s year-end appeals.
- Assisted the full-time staff in administrative projects, such as creating materials for volunteer events, as necessary.
MediaTracks Communications – Des Planes, Illinois
Administrative Intern [June 2016-August 2016]
- Communicated with 800+ radio station affiliates via telephone.
- Assisted in the launch of a company LinkedIn account reboot.
- Assisted in the production of a Radio Media Tour.
- Worked in a database of more than 1300 radio stations.
Drake University Office of Residence Life – Des Moines, Iowa
Resident Assistant [April 2015-May 2017]
- Assisted residents in developing academic, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborated with a seven-person team to create an inclusive community in the residence halls.
- Participated in an on-call rotation, providing emergency response for over 300 residents.
- Planed and hosted timely and educational programs covering topics that directly affect college students such as alcohol education, sexual health, and wellness.
- Completed weekly administrative duties.
Drake Broadcast System – Des Moines, Iowa
Radio DJ & Board Operator [August 2015-May 2016]
- Produced and hosted weekly programs for KDRA-LP Des Moines.
- Update community on events taking place in the area.
- Patch color commentator and play-by-play analyst through to station during Drake University Athletic events.
Download a PDF version of my resume here.